Information for Volunteers
Volunteering is rewarding, fulfilling and fun. It benefits you and your community.
Through Volunteering you can:
- learn new skills
- meet new people and make friends
- boost your employment prospects
- help others and your community
- be active and improve your wellbeing
- have fun!
What kind of Volunteering can I do?
The list of volunteer opportunities is endless but to give you an idea here are some of the areas you can volunteer in:
- administrative support
- tutoring and homework clubs
- gardening and environmental work
- childcare and youth work
- aged and disability work
- community and sporting events
- visiting, social support and driving
- writing, editing and research
Volunteering with Council
Council volunteers bring a wealth of diversity and knowledge to our work while we in turn help give them the opportunity to build on their skills and to be actively involved in shaping our community. To be notified of Council volunteer vacancies, register below with Hume Volunteer Gateway.
Login or register as a volunteer with Hume Volunteer Gateway. Registration is free and open to everyone, even for those of you that live outside of Hume City.
How do I become a Volunteer?
- register your interest online now
- send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit us at the Hume Global Learning Centre, 1093 Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows
- or give us a call on 9356 6999 and ask to speak to the Hume Volunteer Gateway Program Officer
Check out this week's latest volunteer opportunities.
Read more about your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer
How can I find out more about Volunteering?
You can contact us on 9356 6999 for more information on volunteering or visit any of the sites below:
OzVPM - the Australian Volunteer Program Management
World Volunteer Web
Australian Volunteers International
Hume City Council is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of content on linked web sites. Linked web sites will open in a new browser window.