Youth Student Placements
Do your student placement with the Youth Services team as part of your Youth Work or Community Services training course and learn about the services Local Government has to offer for the young people of Hume.
- There are no placements available for Term 2
- There will be a maximum of 4 placements available for Terms 3 and 4
- Student placements are offered to tertiary students ONLY studying an approved Youth Work or Community Services course
- Work Experience for secondary students is NOT AVAILABLE
- Placements are available for between 5 and 16 hours per week depending on operational needs. Maximum number of hours offered: 210 hours
- Hours of placement will predominantly be 2pm - 6pm, Monday - Friday at youth centres in Broadmeadows, Craigieburn, Roxburgh Park, Sunbury and Meadow Heights
- Block placements (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) are negotiable for research projects or office based placements only
- Priority will be given to students studying approved Youth Work courses
Download Expression of Interest Form.doc (1711.5 kb)
Complete the Expression of Interest Form, attach your resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Placement Information Manual.pdf (298.08 kb)
For further information contact Dean James, Team Leader Youth Services Development
on 9205 2200.