Artists play a vital role in contributing to innovation, local identity and wellbeing in our community.
The Hume Arts Awards
The Hume Arts Awards aims to recognise and award the achievement of Hume’s professional artists and support costs involved in arts practice, including further study, training, materials and equipment, professional memberships and travel.
The new program forms part of the Arts and Cultural Development Strategy 2009-2013.pdf.
For more information please see Hume Arts Awards.
Hume Community Grants are offered to not-for-profit community groups or organisations to support programs and initiatives, including arts and cultural initiatives, of direct benefits to communities within Hume City. For more information please visit our Community Grants page.
Other Funding Bodies
Funding, advice and support for artists and arts groups are available through a number of other arts funding bodies.
State and Federal Funding Bodies
- Arts Victoria is the Victorian Government body charged with advising on and implementing arts policy, developing the arts and cultural industries across the state and ensuring access for all Victorians.
- VicHealth is an organisation committed to promoting the health of all Victorians. To promote mental health and wellbeing, VicHealth offers the following arts-related funding schemes: Community Arts Participation; Art and Environment; Major Arts Partnerships and Communities Together (community based festivals and celebrations).
- The Australia Council is the Federal Government's arts funding and advisory body. It directly supports young, emerging and established artists, as well as new and established organisations.
Other Arts Organisations
- Multicultural Arts Victoria (MAV) provides opportunities and support structures to artists and communities from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds as well as offering culturally diverse art to the public at large.
- The Arts Victoria website provides links to many artists and arts organisations, industry service organisations and interstate and international arts departments.
- Our Community provides useful advice on funding and other issues of interest to community organisations.