Information available for Public Inspection

The Local Government Act 1989 and associated regulations require the following documents to be available for public inspection.

Documents are available for inspection by appointment at the Customer Service Centre,1079 Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows. Documents may be viewed but not removed. For any enquiries, please contact the Coordinator Governance and Corporate Support on 9205 2200.

Details of overseas or interstate travel (other than interstate travel by land for less than 3 days) undertaken in an official capacity by any Councillor or member of Council staff in the previous 12 months, including—

  • the name of the Councillor or member of Council staff; and
  • the dates on which the travel began and ended; and
  • the destination of the travel; and
  • the purpose of the travel; and
  • the total cost to the Council of the travel, including accommodation costs;
              Travel Register

Hume City Council currently has two special committees under Section 86 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act) for the purpose of each managing Council community centres or halls. These special committees are delegated from Council the function, duties and powers to oversee the day to day operation of their respective community facilities. Provided below, is a copy of each of those delegated powers for each Section 86 Commitee:  

s86 Instrument of Delegation - Gladstone Park Community Hall Committee of Management
s86 Instrument of Delegation - Westmeadows Community Hall Committee of Management

Members of the public also have the right to inspect the following documents at the Broadmeadows Council offices:

  • Register of interests (which consists of Primary and Ordinary Returns), and
  • Copies of election campaign donation returns

To access these documents, members of the public must submit an Application to Inspect Register of Interests form and return to the Governance Department at Hume City Council, prior to inspection.

Updated : 9:14 AM, 25 March 2020

What's Near Me?