Sprint Athletics Centre
Officially opened in 2017, Sprint is Hume City Council’s premier athletics centre and home of the Craigieburn Little Athletics Club. The facility is located in Craigieburn ANZAC Park which also contains Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre, Livvi’s Place Inclusive Playground, Craigieburn War Memorial and open parkland and event space.
Facilities at Sprint Athletics Centre include:
- An eight lane 400-metre competition synthetic athletic track with 10 lane front straight
- ‘Thor 9’ Discuss and Hammer Cage
- 4 x long jump and triple jump pits with synthetic run up lanes
- Discuss and shotput circles
- Dual high jump mats
- Pavilion, social room with table seating for 80 people, kitchen and accessible public toilet amenities
The Sprint athletics track is accessible for free public recreation (walking and running) from Monday 27 March, 2017.
The track is available every day at times when the facility is not scheduled for booked activities or events.
The operating hours for public access are:
Toilet facilities during public access times
Public toilet facilities are available for use in Craigieburn Anzac Park located next door to Sprint Athletics Centre during public access times.
- Please note that the Sprint Athletics Centre is booked by clubs, schools and private hirers. During these times the hirer has exclusive use of the centre and members of the public must cooperate with any requests to relocate or vacate the facilities.
- Members of the public are not permitted to utilise any athletics equipment at Sprint, with the exception of the running track, without the prior approval of Hume City Council.
- Animals, motorbikes, bikes, scooters and skateboards are strictly prohibited from the facility.
The Sprint Athletics Centre is available for athletics events and training, school carnivals and private room hire.
For booking enquiries and prices please contact Council's Leisure Centres and Sport department on on 9356 6146 or email@example.com
To view track availability times please refer to the Monthly Booking Schedule below.
Sprint Athletics Centre,
1140 Aitken Boulevard, Craigieburn, Victoria 3064
Enquiries & Bookings:
9356 6146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Craigieburn Little Athletics Club
Sprint Athletics Centre is the home of the Craigieburn Little Athletics Club.
With over 20,000 members competing across 100 centres across Victoria, Little Athletics is a great way for children aged between 5 and 16 to exercise, learn new skills, have fun and make new friends.
The Craigieburn Little Athletics Club summer season runs between October - March and cross country between April –August. Competition generally runs on a Saturday morning from 8.30am until noon.
Little Athletics provides a range of athletics activities including sprinting, hurdling, middle distance running, shot put, discus, javelin, high jump, long jump and triple jump.
Craigieburn Little Athletics Club contact:
Phone: 0474 517 541
For more information on the Craigieburn Little Athletics Club and Little Athletics please visit:
Craigieburn Little Athletics Club website at www.craigieburnlac.com.au
Craigieburn Little Athletics Club Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Craigieburn-Little-Athletics-Centre-Inc-235032026548379
Little Athletics Victoria Website: www.lavic.com.au