The Mayor’s Wrap up: Council Meeting Monday 22 May 2023
Published on 24 May 2023
Welcome to a quick wrap up of what was discussed by Council on Monday 22 May 2023.
1. Investing in our community infrastructure
We adopted our Community Infrastructure Plan(PDF, 7MB)
It will guide how we plan and invest in community infrastructure over the next 15 years. It will also ensure that our residents can access services, facility spaces and places where and when they are needed most.
It recommends changes to 52 community facilities, spaces and places, some of which include:
- New library and performing arts centres in Kalkallo and Mickleham.
- Enhancing and optimising existing community facilities in Sunbury, Broadmeadows, and Roxburgh Park.
- A new creative arts hub in Broadmeadows.
- Growing and enhancing youth services in Broadmeadows, Roxburgh Park and Craigieburn.
2. Anzac Day 2024
We will investigate options for hosting an Anzac Day Service at the Broadmeadows War Memorial at the Broadmeadows Town Park in 2024.
3. Arts and Culture commitment
We will distribute $47,150.00 to the 2023 Arts Grants Program. This encourages new and established artists in Hume City to develop their craft. We will allocate a total of $10,000 for one larger Creative Project Grant, and $37,150 for 14 applications of Creative Activity Grants.
4. Strong financial position
Our quarterly financial report showed that Council is operating to budget and is in a healthy financial position. This will ensure we can continue supporting the services and projects that benefit our community.
More details, including official minutes, notices of motion and audio recordings will be published later this week.