Interested in joining the FReeZA committee?
Join the FReeZA Committee!
View the FReeZA Recruitment Flyer(PDF, 2MB).
See below for more information about the FReeZA committee.
What is FReeZA?
Hume's FReeZA Committee HYPE (Hume Youth Productions & Events) is a group of local young people aged from 12 to 24 who plan and organise events for young people in Hume.
FReeZA is a State Government initiative that gives young people the opportunity to lead the planning and staging of live music and cultural events within their local communities. As one of the state-wide providers, Hume City Council's FReeZA program provides performance opportunities for local musicians and emerging artists to showcase their talent through competitions and events. All FReeZA events are fully supervised, drug, alcohol and smoke free.
Being on a FReeZA Committee is a great way for young people from the area to develop event management skills and connections with the music industry with support and guidance from the Hume Youth team.
What does the FReeZA committee do?
Throughout the 2022 program, the FReeZA committee will have weekly meetings either face to face in a Hume youth centre or via online meetings.
During the meetings FReeZA Committee members will have the opportunity to develop skills in a range of areas including:
- Brainstorming and planning events
- Contacting and allocating performers
- Designing promotional material.
- Sound and production
- Managing budgets
- Contacting and booking suppliers
- Organising risk management procedures
Committee members also run events on the day, including managing performers, suppliers and crew and solving any problems that arise. Being a participant of Hume City Council's FReeZA program requires a significant level of commitment from all committee members.
- Weekly meetings as agreed with members and youth workers
- Participate as HYPE Crew at FReeZA events as planned across the year
- Be aged between 12 - 24 years old
- Live, work or study in Hume City
- Be able to attend at least 70% of weekly meetings
- Be able to attend Freeza events and training opportunities
Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9205 2556.