Resource Recovery Centres
If you can't wait for a hard waste collection you can visit our to resource recovery centres (tip) in Campbellfield and Sunbury for using your two free passes. Find out more about our resource recovery centres.
Donation and recycling
One person's trash can be another person's treasure. You can avoid placing reusable items in your general hard waste by participating in one of the following options:
- Donate your items to your local charity store or arrange for the charity to collect your items.
- Promote your unwanted items on social networking sites such as BuySwapSell or on your Facebook page and make some money!
- Post a notice up at your work or on community notice board advertising your item(s).
- Sell your item(s) online on sites such as eBay and Gumtree or advertise in the local paper.
- Post your items on a reuse website such as Freecycle.
- Hold a garage sale and enjoy the social perks of meeting locals.
Enable Australia offers a free drop off service for e-waste at their Broadmeadows Recycling Centre, Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm. The following items can be dropped off free of charge:
- LCD monitors
- Keyboards, mice and cables
- Server and networking equipment
Diabetes Australia can pick up unwanted clothing, toys and small household items for resale in Savers Stores. All proceeds go towards funding Diabetes Australia's health and welfare programs.