Only place the following items in your recycling bin
- Steel and aluminum cans, including empty aerosols
- Paper and cardboard - flatten cardboard to allow more room in your bin
- Glass bottles and jars
- Hard plastic bottles and containers, numbered one, two, and five.
Do not put recycling items in plastic bags
Recycling in plastic bags cannot be recycled and may be sent straight to landfill. Make your effort count, place items loosely in the recycling bin.
Do not place the following items in your recycling bin
- Plastic bags
- Soft plastic wrap and packaging
- Plastics labelled six or seven
- Window glass, drinking glass and light globes
- Garbage and food waste
- Liquid paper board, e.g. UHT milk and juice boxes
- Hazardous or Chemical waste, e.g. Gas bottles, Paints, chemical sprays
Check your plastics
Turn the plastic item over and check if it has a recycling label with a number in the centre of it.
The label will provide you with easy recycling information and can help remove confusion, saving you time and reducing waste to landfill.
For more information on Australian recycling labels please check out this link
Australian Recycling Labels
Council accepts rigid and semi-rigid plastics numbered one, two, and five.
Plastics six and seven belong in your general waste bin.