Recycling stations are located indoors at the Hume Global Learning Centres in Broadmeadows, Craigieburn and Sunbury.
You can drop off a range of things for recycling, including:
- Mobile phones and cameras
- Household batteries
- DVDs, CDs, video tapes and floppy disks (including the cases), and
- Small e-waste (headphones/earbuds, cords/cables, keyboards/mice, storage cards/USB sticks, remote controls, or anything with a cord or battery).
Items are securely collected by our contractor and phones are restored to factory settings for data protection.
If you are concerned for your privacy, please remove personal information from your devices before putting them in the Recycling Station.
Items placed in the Recycling Stations are reused and upcycled where possible. If they can’t be repurposed, they are recycled.
Larger e-waste such as household appliances and white goods, computers and laptops, televisions and DVD players, lighting equipment and lightbulbs, and electric or electronic tools and toys can be dropped off at our Resource Recovery Centres any time for free or collected as part of a hard waste booking.
Household batteries can be dropped off for recycling at our battery stations located at:
- Greenvale West Community Centre, 7 Ventura Way, Greenvale
- Mickleham North Community Centre, 82–90 St Georges Boulevard, Mickleham
- Kalkallo Community Centre, 33 Toyon Road, Kalkallo
- Tullamarine Library, 58 Spring Street, Tullamarine
All small household batteries can be dropped off at these stations. Larger batteries, such as power tool batteries, can be dropped off at our Resource Recovery Centres any time for free.
The following stores also provide free battery and/or e-waste recycling programs:
- Aldi supermarkets
- Woolworths supermarkets
- Bunnings stores
- St Vinnies op shops
Check with your local store for more information.