Babies in Hume
Participation in the Babies in Hume program is offered to all first-time parents in Hume. It is a fun, interactive support and education program for all residents with new babies.
The educational program is held over nine weeks and provides parents with a better understanding of how children learn through play and the importance of bonding.
The Babies in Hume new parent support and education program includes:
- communication with babies
- sleep and settling in the early weeks
- nutrition (feeding in the early weeks and starting on solid foods)
- relationship changes and self care
- baby play
- safety and CPR (baby resuscitation)
- sleep and settling for older infants
- toddlers at 15 month and 2 ½ years
- play and social development
For more information about the Babies in Hume Program, please ask your Maternal and Child Health nurse or phone 9205 2844 between 10.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday.