Immunisation History Statements

The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register that records vaccines given to people of all ages in Australia.

Since 1996, AIR has recorded all childhood vaccines given. From October 2016, AIR became a register recording vaccines given to people of all ages.

AIR includes details of vaccines given, including those under the National Immunisation Program Schedule and private vaccines, such as flu or travel.

Requesting your Immunisation History Statement

You can access a copy of yours or your child’s Immunisation History Statement from:

Childcare and kindergarten

Parents/guardians enrolling their child in childcare or kindergarten are required by law to provide the service with a current Immunisation History Statement from AIR demonstrating that their child is up to date with all vaccinations due for their age.

An Immunisation History Statement from the AIR is the only form of documentation accepted when enrolling a child in an early childhood education service. 

Primary School

Parents enrolling their children in primary school are required by law to provide the school with an Immunisation History Statement.

A child must have an Immunisation History Statement from the AIR to enrol in primary school.

Since 1 January 2019, other forms of documentation like a letter from a GP or local council are no longer accepted.

Historical immunisation records

Council keeps some hard copy records of immunisations provided to residents born prior to 1996.

Immunisations given by another provider can be accessed by contacting those individual services or providers. 

Requests for historical immunisation history statements can be made by emailing our immunisation team or calling 9205 2200

Missing and overseas immunisation records

Council’s Immunisation Service can put your or your child’s overseas immunisation information into the AIR if you provide documented evidence of vaccination/immunity.

If you have overseas records that you would like included on AIR, please email us or call 9205 2200. 

What if my documents are in other languages?

If your immunisation documents are in a language other than English, we can arrange to have them translated on your behalf. Please email us or call 9205 2200 for more information. 

Updated : 4:29 PM, 2 April 2019

Related Links

What's Near Me?