Before you can access Commonwealth Home Support services, you need to be approved for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme through My Aged Care. Find out how to access services here.

The staff at My Aged Care will take your initial enquiry and will refer you to Hume Regional Assessment Service. Please note you must make the initial enquiry through My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

Someone from Hume Regional Assessment Service will then come to your home and find out more about you. You will be asked about your goals and what you might need help with to reach these goals.

You can request the supports that may help you reach your goals. You might choose to get support from a few different service providers. One of these service providers might be Hume City Council. If you do choose Council’s services, My Aged Care will let Hume City Council know.

Clients contribute towards the cost of government subsidised services. We will talk to you about any costs before we start providing services.

You will need to be at least 65 years to access these services, or 50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. 

Learn more about the services Hume City Council can offer you under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme here.

You can start the assessment process by calling My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. For more information visit My Aged Care.

Updated : 4:35 PM, 14 August 2019

Related Links

What's Near Me?