Home Support

Before you can access these services, you need to be approved for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme through My Aged Care. Find out how to access services here.

Personal Care

We can provide personal care assistance where needed, including a limited range of services on weekends and public holidays.

You can feel confident that trained, skilled workers will assist with your needs. All personal care tasks are handled with sensitivity, so you can feel comfortable and respected.

Personal Care Services can include:

  • toileting and showering
  • grooming and dressing
  • emptying commodes
  • assistance with feeding, eating and drinking
  • meal preparation.

Where nursing duties are required, please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 

Domestic Assistance

We can provide domestic assistance to help you feel comfortable and respected.

You can feel confident that trained, skilled workers will assist with your needs, and that all care tasks will be handled with sensitivity.

Domestic Assitance services can include:

  • general house cleaning
  • unaccompanied shopping (delivered to home)
  • linen service

Respite Services

Hume City Council offers respite services that give carers the opportunity to have a well-earned break from their caring role. It can be provided either in-home or can be centre-based. 

Community respite

Community respite provides an opportunity for the care recipient to spend time in the community whilst giving the carer a break from their caring role. 

Activities in the community focus on the interests of the client. For example, a person with an interest in gardening may enjoy times at a park, garden or nursery. 

In-home Respite 

In-home respite allows the carer to have a break from their caring role. 

It is designed to ensure that the carer can get out in the community knowing the person they care for is being supervised in the home. Activities carried out with In-Home Respite Care are focused on the interests of the recipient. This may include assisting with reading, looking at books, talking, light gardening and light cooking.

For emergency respite, please contact Carerlinks North on 1800 059 059.

How to access these services:

Before you can access Hume City Council’s Personal Care service, you must be referred for assessment to determine eligibility by My Aged Care.

How much does it cost?

Clients contribute towards the cost of government subsidised services. We will talk to you about any costs before we start providing services.

For general enquiries about this service, please call 9205 2200 (select option two)

Updated : 12:01 PM, 27 August 2019

Related Links

What's Near Me?