Animal Registration Online

Welcome to Council's Online Animal Registration Form.

All cats and dogs three months or older must be registered. If the owner fails to register their animal they may incur a penalty for each unregistered animal.

Where the owner of a dog or cat is under the age of 18 years, for the purposes of the Domestic Animal's Act 1994, the parent or guardian of that person is deemed to be the owner.

All animals being registered with this Council for the first time MUST be microchipped (Proof of microchipping must be attached with the online animal registration form). 

To complete the online animal registration form you will be required to:

  1. Provide a valid email address.
  2. Attach proof of microchipping.
  3. Attach any other supporting documentation that may result in a reduced animal registration fee (Proof of desexing, Pension Concession Card, membership with an approved association, etc.).
  4. Once your animal registration application and supporting documentation has been approved you will receive an invoice and payment instructions by email. (All incomplete registrations will be notified within five(5) business days via email).
  5. Payment will be required by credit card through Hume’s website within five(5) business days of the invoice date. Once payment has been processed, Hume will post a Certificate of Registration and an animal registration tag to be placed on your pet's collar.

PLEASE NOTE: Payment must be made via Hume City Councils electronic payment portal. You can not pay by cash or cheque


Click the following link, to find a list of Council's animal registration fees and further information regarding animal registration.

Once you have all the above information, to start your online animal registration please click the blue button below:

Animal Registration Form.JPG

Please note: If you have more than one animal to register, please complete separate online animal registration forms.

If you have already submitted an online animal registration and have received a confirmation email with details on how to pay, please click the below link:

I want to pay for online animal registration


What do I do if I'm transferring my Animal Registration from another Council?

If your animal is currently registered with another Victorian Council you can transfer your animal to Hume City Council free of charge. To complete your animal registration transfer you will need to provide proof of payment of your current registration and provide your animal registration renewal notice or any other documentation for your animal which includes proof of microchipping.

You may print and complete a animal registration form or select from the option above to register your animal online.

Please visit the following link for more information about registering your pet or contact Council for any enquiries and further information.

Updated : 8:34 AM, 18 February 2017

Related Links

What's Near Me?