Youth Student Placements
Please note: Applications for student placements are now closed until July 2017.
Are you studying Youth Work or undertaking Community Services training? Do your student placement with the Youth Services team and learn about what Local Government has to offer the young people of Hume.
- Student placements are offered to tertiary students ONLY studying an approved Youth Work or Community Services course
- Work Experience for secondary students is NOT AVAILABLE
- Placements are available for between 5 and 16 hours per week depending on operational needs.
- Hours of placement will predominantly be 2pm - 7pm, Monday - Friday at youth centres in Broadmeadows, Craigieburn, Roxburgh Park, Sunbury and Meadow Heights
- Block placements (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday) are negotiable for research projects or office based placements only
- Priority will be given to students studying approved Youth Work courses
For further information please contact:
Team Leader Youth Services Development
Phone: 9205 2556.