Hume City Council is committed to making a positive difference to the lives of all those who live, work and play in Hume. With the election of our new Council, Hume needs to develop a new four-year Council Plan and check in on the progress of our long-term community plan - Hume Horizons 2040.
The Councils Plan will outline the key priority areas over the next four years, and is informed by community input . Not only will the Council Plan determine how we deliver services our community needs, but it will also inform other levels of government and service providers of community priorities and aspirations
Between late November and mid-January, Council held a variety of community and stakeholder engagement activities (in-person and online) to inform the development of the new Council Plan 2017-2021. This included:
Three community workshops:
- Aitken Ward - 7 December in Craigieburn
- Jacksons Creek Ward - 30 November in Sunbury
- Meadow Valley Ward - 29 November in Broadmeadows.
Pop-up engagement sessions at 10 shopping centres and two festivals, including:
- Sunbury StreetLife Festival - 20 November
- Gladstone Park Shopping Centre - 23 November
- Craigieburn Central Shopping Centre - 26 November
- Carols by Candlelight (Craigieburn) - 3 December 2016
- Broadmeadows Shopping Centre - 8 December 2016
- Campbellfield Plaza - 12 December
- Olsen Place - 15 December
- Roxburgh Park Shopping Centre - 16 December
- Sunbury Square Shopping Centre - 6 January
- Greenvale Shopping Centre - 12 January
- Dallas Shopping Centre - 13 January
- Meadow Heights Shopping Centre - 16 January
Additionally, stakeholders and the broader community were able to provide written (or email) submissions, complete an online survey on Council's performance, request a meeting or provide feedback on the Hume Horizons 2040 Aspiration online.
Community and stakeholder feedback will inform Council priorities to ensure community needs and expectations continue to be met as the City grows, and in line with the vision and aspirations of our community plan, Hume Horizons 2040.
Results from this consultation will be published in Hume Pride and other Council publications, and a draft Council Plan 2017-2021 that considers this feedback will be made available for further public consultation in May 2017. Furthermore, feedback will also inform the development of Council's Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan and other strategies and plans developed by Council.