Help us unlock the potential of Greater Broadmeadows
Hume City Council is working with the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) to prepare the Greater Broadmeadows Framework Plan which builds on the Broadmeadows Activities Area Structure Plan adopted by Council in March 2012.
Applying to the Town Centre and residential and industrial areas east of the Craigieburn railway line, the Greater Broadmeadows Framework Plan will guide land use planning and development and:
- Promote the redevelopment potential of the 60ha brownfield industrial area east of the Craigieburn railway line (Meadowlink Strategic Priority Area) while retaining opportunities for existing employers such Jemena to expand and supporting skilling related hubs such as the Hume City Hub on Riggall Street and Brite Industries to grow;
- Improve connections and open space in Meadowlink and Seabrook Reserve;
- Ensure employment remains a key land use focus in Campbellfield and at the former Ford site;
- Advocate for diverse and new private and social housing, securing the redevelopment of surplus government and Council land in partnership with the private sector via initiatives such as the Government’s planned inclusionary housing pilot at the former Broadmeadows Primary School site in Graham Street; and
- Reinforce the importance of investment in the Broadmeadows Town Centre.
To find out more about the Greater Broadmeadows Framework Plan and initiatives proposed by about Hume City Council and the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA), including the redevelopment of the Broadmeadows Town Hall as a jobs and community event hub view the Greater Broadmeadows Framework Plan or visit the Victorian Planning Authority website.