Proposed changes for dogs in public places
Hume City Council has recently reviewed its approach to the management of dog in public places to ensure a clear and consistent approach that considers the needs of dogs, their owners, community members and the environment. Within this are some legislative requirements and other non-negotiables, including:
- Dogs must be registered by 3 months of age and wear current registration tags in public.
- Dogs must be on leash in all public places throughout Hume City municipality unless in a designated ‘dogs off leash’.
- Dogs must not be in ‘dogs prohibited’ areas.
- Dog owners must remove and dispose of their dog's faeces in public places and carry an appropriate receptacle (e.g. bag or scoop) for removal.
For information on current Hume City Council requirements for keeping dogs click here or for information on the Victorian State Governments legislative requirements click here.
Have Your Say
To provide your feedback on the proposed changes, click here to complete a short online survey. Alternatively, you can find out more or provide your feedback via:
|| Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|| Phone on 9205 2200
|| Speaking with Council staff at the following events
- Craigieburn Festival – Craigieburn ANZAC Park 11am–4pm Sunday 5 March 2017
- SunFest – Village Green Sunbury 11am–4pm Saturday 18 March 2017
- Broadmeadows Street Festival – Tanderrum Way Broadmeadows 1pm–7pm Sunday 9 April 2017