2021 COVID-19 Community Support Fund
Community groups and organisations are invited to submit Expressions of Interest for up to $20,000 to support our community through the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Expressions of Interest will be accepted until 25 June 2021.
Council will support local not-for-profit organisations to meet evolving community needs brought about by the pandemic.
There will be two streams of funding:
This funding stream is for services in Hume that increase knowledge/understanding of COVID-19 risks and prevention, or address mental health, family violence, social inclusion, and anti-racism activities. You may include staffing/wages as long as they are directly linked to the service provision - no permanent wages for business as usual activities or core operating costs will be accepted.
Food relief and essential services (including staffing costs)
This funding stream is for programs providing direct relief to members i.e. food parcels, toiletries, food vouchers, phone/internet vouchers, or direct financial support for utilities etc. You may include up to 25% of total budget for staffing/wages to support delivery of the program.
Community-led organisations who are already working with the Hume community are encouraged to apply.
Your organisation must
- Provide evidence of existing service and reach to communities in Hume.
- Provide evidence of appropriate insurances (ie. Public Liability Insurance)
- Engage with Council to agree terms for delivery of the program including providing full financial and statistical acquittal
- Have no outstanding debts with Hume City Council
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous funding received by Hume City Council or have an approved project plan in place for any current funding agreements with Hume City Council be able to demonstrate previous experience in delivering similar activities.
- Be able to demonstrate their capacity to deliver an additional project concurrently, and ability to commence immediately.
- All activities must be carried out in compliance with the Victorian Government's COVID-19 health directions.
- Organisations must be able to begin delivery immediately, and complete the funded project within 12 months.
The 2021 COVID-19 Community Support Fund is part of Council's COVID-19 Recovery and Reactivation Plan.
This Fund is not related to the Annual Community Grants program. If you meet all criteria, you are able to apply for both programs.
Applications must be submitted in SmartyGrants.