2021 COVID-19 Recovery Support Fund
Hume City Council has responded to the impacts of COVID-19 with a strategic COVID-19 Recovery and Reactivation Plan.
Community groups and organisations are invited to submit Expressions of Interest for up to $20,000 to support the needs of the Hume community as it recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications are now closed.
Council will support community-led not-for-profit organisations to meet evolving community needs brought about by the pandemic. Proposals that can show prioritisation supporting people to recover from the impacts of the pandemic (i.e. reduce vulnerability, support social resilience, improved health outcomes) will be prioritised.
There will be two streams of funding:
This funding stream is for recovery projects and services in Hume that support the community to reconnect and rebuild from the impacts pandemic. This may include initiatives that addressing mental health concerns, family violence, social inclusion, employability, anti-racism or gambling harm minimisation. Staffing/wages must not be greater than 10% of total funding request and be project-specific (no core operational costs will be funded).
Essential items and food relief
This funding stream is for programs providing direct relief to Hume community members i.e. direct financial support for utilities, phone/internet vouchers and digital access, toiletries, food vouchers/parcels, etc. Staffing/wages must not be greater than 10% of total funding request and be project-specific (no core operational costs will be funded.)
Applications must be submitted in SmartyGrants, and your organisation must:
- Provide evidence of existing service and reach to communities in Hume and be able to demonstrate previous experience in delivering similar activities.
- Provide evidence of appropriate insurances (i.e., Public Liability Insurance)
- Engage with Council to agree terms for delivery of the program including providing full financial and statistical acquittal
- Have no outstanding debts with Hume City Council
- Have satisfactorily acquitted any previous funding received by Hume City Council or have an approved project plan in place for any current funding agreements with Hume City Council
All activities must be carried out in compliance with the Victorian Government's COVIDSafe Settings.
Organisations must be able to begin delivery immediately and complete the funded project within 12 months.
This Fund is not related to Hume’s Community Grants program. If you meet all criteria, you are able to apply for both programs.