The Event Grants Program provides support for event organisers in assistance with developing and delivering vibrant, inclusive and engaging events in Hume City.
These events may be big or small, however they will share one thing: making a positive difference to the Hume community.
Information on future Event Grants will be announced in the near future.
Event Grants Program 2023/24
Round 2 applications are now closed.
We are proud to support events that build community connections that will benefit Hume City. We provide funding of up to $25,000 per event, depending on the number of people expected to attend.
These grants support events delivered between 1 July 2023 and 30 June 2024.
For more information, please refer to the 2023/24 Events Grants Program Guidelines.
Who can apply?
- Community groups or organisations based in Hume. They may either be incorporated or auspiced, please refer to the Program Guidelines, for the definition.
- Businesses or for-profit organisations based in Hume (noting that they must provide matched cash funding for any amount requested).
- Events being held in the Hume City.
- Events and festivals must demonstrate a positive benefit to the Hume City or Hume community.
What events do we fund?
This program prioritises funding for events, festivals and activities that celebrate:
- local food and produce
- local business or tourism
See Program Guidelines for information on funding priorities.
Applicants can request a mix of financial or in-kind funding from the Event Grant Program.
The amount of grant funds you can apply for is linked to the size and expected attendance for your event.
How many people are expected to attend?
How much you can apply for:
Less than 2,000 people attending throughout event
Up to $2,000
Minimum 2,000 people throughout event
Up to $8,000
Minimum 3,000 people throughout event
Up to $15,000
Minimum 5,000 people throughout event
Up to $25,000
*Applications from commercial businesses or ‘for profit’ enterprises must be able to demonstrate matched cash funding for any grant amount requested.
Applicants can also apply for other Council services as an in-kind grant request. This might include a request for Council to waiver venue or park hire fees, event permit fees, bin hire fees, etc.
For in-kind grants requests, please discuss your application with the Events team prior to submission.
Applications for the Hume City Council Event Grant are made via SmartyGrants online portal.
- If you are a new user, you will need to set up a login before you begin.
- If you have previously used SmartyGrants for any application (not just Hume City Council) you can use the same email address.
- SmartyGrants lets you complete sections of your application in stages, save your progress and return to it later (you don’t need to do it all at once). Your application will be stored online, so there’s no need to save it to your computer.
- Allow plenty of time to complete your online application, so that if you run into difficulties, you have time to fix it.
- As part of completing the form, you need to upload supporting documents. Files must be no greater than 25mb but are best kept under 5mb each.
- Please ensure the supporting documents you upload are the appropriate documents required for your application. See What documentation do I need for information on the documents you need to supply.
- To avoid losing your work, remember to regularly save your progress in SmartyGrants every 10-15 minutes, as the form logs you out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Make sure you hit the Submit button when you are ready. If the Submit button is grey, there is something incomplete or wrong in your answers. Check all sections highlighted red. Once you have submitted you will be sent an email confirmation. If you don’t hit Submit, Council cannot see your application, so it won’t be considered.
You can also refer to the SmartyGrants Applicant Guide for help.
Sponsor our events
We are looking for sponsors at all levels to partner with us to deliver our major events. Please contact email@example.com