We’re building a better Hume by delivering the biggest capital works program in our history.
A record $430 million will be invested over the next four years for more than 500 projects.
To help boost our local economy and get people back to work, we’re investing $106 million over the next 12 months to deliver 150 shovel-ready projects.
We're building new community facilities, preschools and neighbourhood houses. We’re reconstructing roads, footpaths, walking and cycling paths and bridges. And we're upgrading sporting reserves, parks and playgrounds.
- Less time in the car with better roads to cut congestion and reduce travel times
- Better footpaths, walking and cycling paths and bridges to connect missing transport links and improve safety
- Local sporting clubs that thrive and grow with better sporting reserves and pavilions
- Better parks that provide a haven to unwind and enjoy the natural environment
- More fun outdoors for children to develop their skills and build confidence in better playgrounds
- Better community facilities that help build social connections to interact, learn and create
By funding critical projects our growing suburbs need now, we're making a real difference to the lives of our residents and connecting them to the programs and services they want, and need, close to home.
Explore the projects we're working on to build a better Hume over the next year.