A filming permit will be required if any of the following conditions apply to your planned activity:
- Your filming activity, inclusive of all production crew and talent, consists of more than six people.
- You are undertaking commercial filming. Commercial filming includes television, feature films, advertising and television commercials, documentaries and music videos.
- Your infrastructure exceeds one camera, one tripod and handheld sound recording equipment.
- You intend to block a public footpath or road leaving less than 2.5 metres of pedestrian thoroughfare at any time.
- You intend to implement pedestrian or traffic management.
- Your activities will disrupt stakeholders (traders, residents and businesses) or motorists or other events in the vicinity of the activities.
- You require vehicle access to a location.
- You wish to film with a remote piloted aircraft (RPA) / drone.
If your filming does not involve any of the above, it is considered to be ‘low impact’ and you are not required to notify Hume City Council. If this is the case, it is still best to let us know what your plans are so we can ensure they don't interfere with any scheduled works or other users.
Please note that you must submit a Police Notification Form to Victoria Police if your filming involves the use of firearms, weapons, special effects, UAVs, traffic management, mock police scenes or scenes that may cause public concern.
If your filming requires traffic or pedestrian management, you will also be required to complete a Consent Application Form to work within a Hume City Council Road Reserve.