Craigieburn Sports Stadium Redevelopment (Stage One)
- Project statusIn construction
- Project value$14,500,000
- Completion date30 June 2024
We're upgrading Craigieburn Sports Stadium to increase participation, and promote health and wellbeing and social connection.
What we're doing
Hume City Council is extending Craigieburn Sports Stadium for the local community. Stage one of construction will include:
- new carpark to the north west of the stadium
- three additional multipurpose sports courts to the north of courts 4 and 5
- new meeting rooms and changing facilities to cater for the extra demand
- remodelled entry including a reception and new café area
- upgraded internal areas including seating within the facility.
The staging of works requires the following processes to occur in the delivery of this project:
- Carpark works to be completed prior to demolition of the functions lounge (completed).
- Tender of the new indoor courts and associated amenities (completed).
- Demolition of the functions lounge (completed).
- Work site for the new construction to be fenced off to ensure the safety of people attending the site (completed).
- Abolishment of services to functions lounge, construction build to commence (completed).
- Construction of new courts, amenities, meeting rooms, reception and cafe (progressing).
Why we're doing it
Hume City Council is committed to providing facilities that enhance opportunities for the community to participate in sport and active recreation and that also provide opportunities for social connection and community engagement.
The courts at Craigieburn Sports Stadium are currently at capacity during peak times, limiting participation opportunities and growth for clubs.
The additional three courts and associated infrastructure will help increase participation and meet the current and future demands for courts in the Craigieburn and surrounding areas.
The Craigieburn Sports Stadium update is being delivered by Hume City Council in partnership with the Victorian Government.
127 Craigieburn Rd, Craigieburn 3064 View Map