Hume City Council honors and celebrates significant milestones, achievements, and contributions of our community members with the Mayoral Recognition Program. This program is a heartfelt acknowledgment of the remarkable moments that shape the tapestry of our city and the people who make a difference every day.
The Mayoral Recognition Program is rooted in our commitment to recognizing the individual and collective achievements that make Hume City a vibrant and thriving community. We believe that every milestone, be it a milestone anniversary, birthday deserves to be celebrated and cherished.
The Mayoral Recognition Program accepts nominations for individuals celebrating milestone birthdays or anniversaries.
Messages can be requested for the following occasions:
- 50th wedding anniversary or any year thereafter
- 100th birthday or any year thereafter
Requesting a message
You must submit your request online using Council's online request form:
A request must be submitted for every occasion. Messages are not arranged automatically.
Supporting documentation must be provided when submitting a message request. This is to verify the wedding anniversary or birthday details.
The supporting documentation can include the following:
- marriage certificate (for wedding anniversaries)
- birth certificate (for birthdays)
- passport including an expired passport (for birthdays)
- driver’s licence including an expired driver’s licence (for birthdays)
- proof of age card or similar documentation (for birthdays)
- statutory declaration from any person with the relevant knowledge, declaring: wedding anniversaries - the full names and full date of marriage of the couple, or
birthdays - the full name and full date of birth of the individual.
Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office, or online here
Please provide copies of supporting documentation. Please do not provide original documents.
Once nominated and approved, a certificate will be personally signed by the Mayor of Hume City. This certificate serves as a tangible token of appreciation and recognition for the recipient's meaningful contributions.
For more information or assistance with your nomination, please contact Hume City Council on 9205 2200.