Get help with your energy bills
Published on 09 May 2023
Need help understanding your electricity or gas bill?
Are you behind on payments and not sure what to do?
Or maybe you’re just wondering if you’re getting the best deal?
We’ve partnered with Anglicare Victoria’s Energy Assistance Program to help you understand and stay on top of your electricity and gas bills.
The team from Anglicare will be joining us at three pop-up sessions across Hume City in May. They can help you:
- Work with your provider to manage your payments and apply for deadline extensions or hardship programs
- Compare providers to find the best energy offer for your household
- Find ways to reduce your energy costs at home
- Check if you are eligible for concessions or other discounts
- Link up with other services such as financial counselling or the Energy and Water Ombudsman.
They can also help you apply for the latest round of the $250 Power Saving Bonus. This round started on 24 March 2023, and every Victorian household is eligible even if you've taken part in previous rounds. If you haven’t already applied for this round, now’s the time to do it!
Bring your gas or electricity bills along to one of these sessions:
For more information contact our Household Energy Officer on 0447 772 429.