Sports Aid Grant Program
We encourage all Hume residents to be active. Sport and active recreation play a vital role in bringing our communities together and improving our physical and mental well-being. The Sports Aid Grant Program (SAGP) is designed to encourage young people aged 24 years and under in Hume City to participate in sports and physical activities through financial support.
Our Sports Play grant encourages individual community members who are facing financial hardship to be more active in the community. The Sports Elite grant provides financial support to cover participation costs for young athletes.
All information on the application process is outlined in the SAGP Guidelines(PDF, 274KB).
Using Smarty Grants
Applications for all Sports Aid Grants Programs are made via SmartyGrants, an online portal.
- If you are a new user, you will need to set up a login before you begin.
- If you have previously used SmartyGrants for any application (not just Hume City Council) you can use the same email address.
- SmartyGrants lets you complete sections of your application in stages, save your progress and return to it later (you don’t need to do it all at once). Your application will be stored online, so there’s no need to save it to your computer.
- Allow plenty of time to complete your online application, so that if you run into difficulties, you have time to fix it.
- As part of completing the form, you need to upload supporting documents. Files must be no greater than 25mb but are best kept under 5mb each
- Please ensure the supporting documents you upload are the appropriate documents required for your application. See What documentation do I need for information on the documents you need to supply
- To avoid losing your work, remember to regularly save your progress in SmartyGrants every 10-15 minutes, as the form logs you out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Make sure you hit the Submit button when you are ready. If the Submit button is grey, there is something incomplete or wrong in your answers. Check all sections highlighted red. Once you have submitted you will be sent an email confirmation. If you don’t hit Submit, Council cannot see your application, so it won’t be considered.
If you have previously started an application and would like to log back in, follow the link below.
Login or Register - Hume City Council (smartygrants.com.au)
Who can complete the application?
The following people can complete application
- The applicant
- The parent and/or legal guardian of the applicant
- Caseworker of the applicant
- Coach of the applicant
- Employee from a Non-Government Organisation (NGO) who has a formal relational with the applicant
- School Teacher or educator of applicant attending school or education institution
To ensure equality across all sports and activities, the SAGP will open twice during the financial year until funds are exhausted:
The SAGP are administered by Hume City Council as follows:
- Applicants must read the Guidelines thoroughly.
- All applications must be completed and accompanied by the relevant documents
- Applications will be assessed by Assessment Panel. The Assessment Panel will, where necessary, consult with the applicants’ sport and physical activity provider.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome via email within 6 weeks of a fully completed application.
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome via email within 6 weeks of a fully completed application.
Once notified, the successful applicants will be required to:
- Sign off on Funding Agreement
- Submit an End of Funding Report after the activity had taken place
Payment will be processed within 30 days after Funding Agreement has been signed and will be deposited into the applicant’s bank account or the sport/physical activity provider.
For further information or assistance contact Gayan Loku, Sport Development & Inclusion Officer, email@example.com or call 0477 446 685.