We have 11 Councillors who represent nearly 250,000 people (Hume City population forecast for 30 June 2021) across three wards - Aitken, Meadow Valley and Jacksons Creek.
If you're not sure which ward your property is located in, you can use our handy online mapping tool to search for your ward Councillors.
Mayor of Hume City, Councillor, Meadow Valley Ward
- Telephone0484 602 352
- ProfileCr Kurt was elected to Council in 2016 as Hume’s youngest Councillor and was elected Mayor in 2023/24. His family has lived in and around Hume City for almost 50 years, and he is passionate about seeing his community grow and prosper throughout his term on Council. Cr Kurt has a strong interest in public transport, community safety and supporting local community and sporting clubs.
Deputy Mayor of Hume City, Councillor, Meadow Valley Ward
- Telephone0484 240 973
- ProfileCr Sherry was elected to Council in 2016, where she has been an active resident for the past decade. Her dedication lies in promoting and enhancing health and wellbeing outcomes for all citizens. Cr Sherry holds a Bachelor of Social Science and Policy, a Graduate Diploma of Economics, and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Telephone0484 114 228
- ProfileCr Moore was elected to Hume City Council in 2016, and served as Mayor in 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2021/22. Cr Moore is a lifelong resident of Hume City and is committed to delivering an effective and high-performing Council. She holds a Bachelor of Business in Accountancy and is a Certified Practicing Accountant. She is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Telephone0484 602 340
- ProfileCr Haweil was elected to Council in 2016, and served as Mayor in 2020/21 and again in 2022/23. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Political Science and History, and a Master of International Relations. He is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Telephone0484 124 092
- ProfileCr Jackson was elected to Council in 2016. She has lived in Craigieburn for 45 years, and has a strong interest in the environment, parks and open spaces. Cr Jackson is the Chair of the Sustainability Taskforce, Council delegate to the Metropolitan Transport Forum, Council delegate to the Merri Creek Management Committee and Council delegate to the Northern Alliance for Greenhouse Action (NAGA).
- Telephone0487 777 895
- ProfileCr Overend was elected to Council in 2020. He has lived in Craigieburn for 34 years and enjoys dedicating his time to helping his community prosper. Cr Overend is enthusiastic about community safety, crime prevention, city appearance, transport, and roads.
- Telephone0487 778 803
- ProfileCr Bell was elected to Council in 2020. He is a lifelong resident of Sunbury, attending Sunbury West Primary School and Sunbury Downs College. He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Politics and International Relations, and has always been an active member of the Hume community, volunteering his time to many community organisations, causes and events.
- Telephone0413 822 214
- ProfileCr Dance was elected to Council in 2020. He’s lived in Sunbury for 33 years and has been a passionate activist for protecting the region’s environment and all that Sunbury has to offer. He wants to increase Council transparency, customer service and create meaningful community engagement. Cr Dance has a Bachelors Degree in Applied Science and a long employment history in the private sector.
- Telephone0484 611 902
- ProfileCr Medcraft was first elected to Council in 2003 and served until 2005. He was re-elected again in 2012 and has served on Council since then. He is the first Indigenous man to be elected to Hume City Council. He has lived in Hume City for more than 45 years and is well-known in his hometown of Sunbury. He has watched Sunbury grow and prosper since the mid-70s.
- Telephone0487 778 701
- ProfileCr Hollow was elected to Council in 2020 and has lived in Hume City for 42 years – he grew up in Dallas, went to high school in Westmeadows, and has since resided in Craigieburn and Greenvale. Cr Hollow is passionate about leisure, health and wellbeing, growth within Hume around infrastructure and jobs, and has a vision to ensure we live together as a great community.
- Telephone0487 777 139
- ProfileCr Misho was elected to Council in 2020 and has lived in Hume for almost 30 years. He is a dedicated family man and a small business owner. Cr Misho holds university qualifications in Accounting and Marketing, and is a Certified Practicing Accountant.
View portfolios allocated to each Councillor(PDF, 124KB)