Hume has a number of areas within the municipality where you can fish.
To keep up to date with the latest new stock releases, follow the Hume City Council Facebook page. For more information be sure to contact Hume's local angling clubs and the relevant governing bodies.
Where can I fish in Hume?
You can fish in the following areas:
- Jackson Creek, Bulla (contains Trout and Redfin)
- Craigieburn Lake, North Shore Drive, Craigieburn (stocked with Redfin)
- Craigieburn Lake, Windrock Avenue and Creekwood Drive, Craigieburn (stocked with Redfin)
- Merri Creek, Craigieburn (contains Redfin and Blackfish)
- Deep Creek, Mickleham (contains Redfin and Roach)
- Spavin Drive Lake, Sunbury (stocked with Trout during second and third term school holidays, subject to availability)
- Jackson Creek, Sunbury (stocked with Brown, Rainbow Trout and Black Fish).
Discarded nets, lines, hooks and rubbish pose a threat to the flora and fauna of these fishing spots. Do the right thing - carry a bag to collect any rubbish to protect these diverse ecosystems.
A Recreational Fishing Licence covers all forms of recreational fishing in all of Victoria's marine, estuarine and inland waters. Unless you are exempt, a licence is required when:
- Taking, or attempting to take from public waters, any species of fish by any method, including line fishing, bait or shellfish collection, yabby fishing, prawning and spearfishing and/or using or possessing recreational fishing equipment in, on or next to Victorian waters.
- To find out more information about obtaining a licence, please visit the Victoria Fishing Authority