Playgroups are usually free and are located throughout the Hume area.
Visit the The Hume Playgroup Directory (PDF, 274KB)
Playgroup is fun and important too
Playgroups are for babies, toddlers and preschool children and their parents or carers. Fathers, mothers, grandparents, carers, families with additional needs and families from other cultures are all welcome at playgroups.
Why Join a Playgroup?
Playgroups provide a supportive environment for children and their family or carer. There is a sense of belonging to the community, opportunities to form friendships and share ideas and information.
Playgroups offer children:
- a place to play and socialize with other children
- opportunities to create, invent, reason and problem solve
- safe and stimulating environment to play in and explore
Playgroups offer adults:
- a time to play with their children and encourage learning through play
- an opportunity to meet local families and develop social support networks
- access to parenting information, resources and support services
- a sense of community involvement and belonging
If you wish to join an ongoing playgroup, our Playgroup Support Officers can help you find a playgroup in Hume. You can contact email@example.com or phone 9205 2200.