Community Bus Hire
Council offers affordable bus hire for local not-for-profit community organisations.
If you are a local non-profit community organisation, community group or a community member, you can hire any of our 10, 11, 12 and 19-seater buses. These can be used for activities and programs that directly benefit Hume City Council community.
Buses are available with a wheelchair hoist.
Who can hire a community bus?
To be eligible to hire a bus, an organisation must:
- be an incorporated, not-for-profit organisation or community member operating or residing in Hume
- nominate a driver with a full Victorian drivers’ licence who is over 21 years of age
- nominated driver must hold an endorsed licence to drive the 19-seater bus.
Buses are hired out based on the needs of priority groups.
Conditions of use
- Community buses must only be used in Victoria.
- You are responsible for hire and fuel costs and need to return the bus to Council on time, with a full tank of fuel and cleaned.
Community bus hire fees
|Daily hire rate Priority Group one (does not include a driver)
|Daily hire rate Priority Group two (does not include a driver)
|Penalty for unclean vehicle
|Penalty for late return of vehicle
||Extra day hire
Further charges may apply if a bus is returned dirty, late or without fuel, and for late cancellation or failing to pick up the bus.
Learn more about bus availability and Priority Groups by submitting an enquiry to Community Support Services via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Council will then contact you to discuss your booking request.
- Once Council accepts your booking, an invoice will be emailed to you, and you need to complete and return the bus agreement.
- The hire fees must also be paid for your booking before the bus is picked up.