A Maternal and Child Health team member will call you directly once you are discharged from hospital to arrange a visit to your home.
At the home visit, we will schedule times with you to visit one of our Maternal and Child Health Centres at the following stages in your baby’s development:
- Two weeks
- Four weeks
- Eight weeks
- Four months
- Eight months
- Twelve months
- Eighteen months
- Two years
- Three and a half years
Appointments outside these assessment ages are not generally necessary, unless there is a particular need or developmental concern.
Booking or changing an appointment
You can also make an appointment, or change an existing one, by phone or email:
Phone: 9205 2844 between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
If anyone in your family is unwell please reschedule your appointment and contact your local doctor, or for emergencies call 000.
You can help us to deliver our services safely to you and your family by:
- limiting the number of people attending the appointment
- bringing a blanket to cover the scales
- taking all nappies, wipes and other items home for disposal
- arriving to your appointment early to allow us to meet COVID safe criteria.
- wearing a mask indoors in line with Government and Council guidelines (people over 12 years of age).
Please do not attend the centre if anyone in your household has had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or is being tested for COVID-19, or if you or your child have experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours; headache, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell or any other flu-like symptoms.
What to bring to your appointment
- Your baby's Child Health Record Book (the green folder you would have received in hospital)
- A change of clothes for your baby - including spare nappies
- A plastic bag for used nappies.