New gym equipment on the way for Broadmeadows
Published on 06 April 2021
Broadmeadows Aquatic and Leisure Centre is receiving brand new gym and fitness equipment this month! These exciting and essential equipment upgrades will give you more variety and improve your experience exercising with us.
To install and get the new equipment ready for you, we need to close the gym area for four days from Monday 19 to Thursday 22 April. The gym will reopen on Friday 23 April – just in time for the weekend.
The rest of the centre, including group fitness classes, will be in operation during this period.
What’s happening to memberships?
During this temporary closure, you will have access to the gym at our other centres: Splash Aquatic and Leisure Centre and Sunbury Aquatic and Leisure Centre.
Those with 7-day trial passes can also suspend their trial for the four days by filling out the above form.
It’s been a long wait, but the equipment has finally arrived from Italy! The new equipment includes:
- 12 treadmills, skill runs, upright bikes, recumbent bikes, cross trainers, stair climbers, rowers and an arm ergociser.
- 27 pin-loaded equipment
- Olympic benches, adjustable & flat benches, half racks & smith machine.
- Dumbbell sets, bumper & Olympic plates.
- Upgrade to Les Mills group fitness steps, bars and plates.
Existing equipment auction
We have arranged four viewing times for you to see the equipment at the centre before being removed.
- Monday 12 April: 9-10am
- Wednesday 14 April: 2-3pm
- Thursday 15 April: 6-7pm
- Saturday 17 April: 10-11am
The planned upgrades will allow Hume City Council to continue providing quality leisure facilities for our community.