Proactive tree inspections
Council has a proactive inspection and pruning program, where each street tree is inspected by a qualified arborist.
These inspections assess the health and structure of the tree and identify if any pruning or removal works are required. If street trees are underneath powerlines, they are assessed by a qualified arborist every 12 months for compliance with the Electricity Safety (Electric Line Clearance) Regulations 2015.
Reactive tree inspections
Council’s arborists also conduct reactive tree inspections.
To request a tree inspection of a Council tree, contact Council on 9205 2200.
Please be aware that Council will not:
- remove nature strip trees unless they are structurally unsound, dead or in decline.
- ‘top’ trees unless they are underneath overhead power lines or the top of the tree is dead.
- remove trees for shade or debris or allergens or because they attract bees or other fauna.
Debris from a Council tree
If you are a resident and are experiencing difficulties with debris from Council’s trees, you may be eligible to access Home Maintenance Assistance by contacting the following services:
- for residents over 65 years or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders over 50 years they can contact My Aged Care 1800 200 422
- for other residents having difficulties please contact the Intake Officer – Aged and Disabilities Services on 9205 2839.
Any access to these services would require an assessment to be undertaken.