A playgroup is a group of parents or caregivers with their babies, toddlers and kindergarten aged children who get together regularly for play and social interaction.
Playgroups are fun and relaxed way for you and your child to spend time with each other.
Why join a Playgroup?
Playgroups are a place for families to find a sense of belonging to the community, opportunities to form friendships and share ideas and information.
Playgroups offer children:
- a place to play and socialise with other children
- a chance to create, invent, reason and problem solve
- a safe, stimulating place to play and explore
Playgroups offer adults:
- a time to play with their children and encourage learning through play
- a place to meet local families
- access to parenting information, resources and support services
- a sense of community involvement and belonging.