Pay or manage a parking fine or infringement

This page is for parking fines only.  For other infringements, please visit the Fines and infringements (non-parking) page.

You can create an account to keep track of your parking infringement, apply for a review, submit a payment plan request or view images relating to your infringement using the link below. 

Sign up or log in to the parking infringement portal

If you appealed a parking infringement during 2006-2016, please visit Infringement Refund Scheme (2006 - 2016) for more information.

Pay online

You can create an account to keep track of your infringements, or enter your infringement number and offence date to pay without an account.  

We accept payment by Visa and Mastercard

Pay your parking infringement in full

If you have an existing payment plan for your infringement, you may pay online with your payment plan number using the link below.

Pay your parking infringement payment plan

Pay by phone

Phone payments can be made by calling 03 9058 6622.

Follow the prompts and have your infringement number and credit card details ready.

Pay in person

Visit one of our Customer Service Centres to pay in person. 

Payment can be made by cash, cheque, EFTPOS and credit card.

Payment cannot be made at an Australia Post office.

Pay by mail

Send  a cheque or money order addressed to:

Hume City Council
GPO Box 425
Melbourne Vic 3001

Write your name and infringement number of the back of the cheque/money order.

Parking officers may take photographs of offending vehicles when issuing an infringement.  Whilst notes taken by the officer at the time of the offence are the primary source of evidence, photographs can be helpful additional evidence.

You can view any photographs that may have been taken by entering your infringement notice number and date of offence using the link below.

View infringement images

If photographs are not available to view online, this does not necessarily mean no photograph was taken.  You may request a copy of the photograph, if one is available, by emailing

How are photos taken?

Our parking enforcement vehicles are installed with a camera which is mounted to the dashboard. The camera has a fisheye lens allowing for detailed panoramic photographs. The officer is not required to touch the camera, or use their phone, to take photographs. The use of this technology does not breach any legislation and is approved and licenced through VicRoads as compliant.

Photographs can also be taken by officers working on foot, using their hand held device.

Are infringement notices issued from photos provided to Council from members of the community?

No, an infringement notice will only be issued based on an offence observed by an authorised Council officer. 


If you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the parking offence, you can apply to nominate the driver.  If your nomination is successful, the fine will be sent to the person you nominated. 

To nominate another driver, use the link below to submit your nomination online: 

Submit a Nomination Statement

Alternatively, you may download a Nomination Statement(PDF, 33KB) and send it by email to or by post to:

Hume City Council Parking Infringements
GPO Box 425
Melbourne Vic 3001

You are able to appeal, or request an internal review of your infringement, if you believe there are grounds for the fine to be withdrawn.

You can only request one review of your infringement, which means you must provide all the relevant details with your application to help us make a decision.

Your infringement will be put on hold whilst a review is undertaken and you will be advised of the outcome in writing.  

You can submit your application for an internal review online.

Apply now

You can also complete an online form here.

All applications for review of a parking infringement notice are processed in the first instance by Council's contractor, Orikan.  Orikan provides Council with administrative assistance in the infringement review process.  The review decision is made by a Council staff member in accordance with the requirements of the Infringements Act 2006.

When you apply for an internal review, you will need to provide a reason.  Use one of the below reasons for review in your application:

  • Contrary to law: you believe the infringement notice is invalid, was improperly issued to you or you did not commit an offence.
  • Exceptional circumstances: there were extraordinary or unavoidable circumstances that were outside of your control which could excuse the conduct for which the infringement notice was issued.
  • Mistake of identity: you believe you were not the person who committed the offence and the fine was issued to you by mistake.
  • Person unaware: you were unaware of the infringement notice being issued and are seeking to have the additional costs withdrawn. The original penalty amount will still need to be paid. To apply for a review on this ground, you must submit your application within 14 days of becoming aware of the infringement.  You should include evidence showing why you were unaware of the infringement.  This may include documentation to show you were overseas or that you recently moved house, or a police report to show your mail was stolen. 
  • Special circumstances: you had significantly reduced capacity to either understand or control the conduct that led to the offence due to:
    • A mental or intellectual disability, disorder, disease or illness.
    • A serious addiction to drugs, alcohol or a volatile substance.
    • Homelessness.
    • Family violence.
    • A long term condition or circumstance.

Unable to submit your appeal online?

If you are unable to submit your application online, you may send an email to or a letter by post to:

Hume City Council Parking Infringements
GPO Box 425
Melbourne Vic 3001

Special circumstances

If you had a mental or intellectual condition or illness, were homeless, experiencing family violence, or had a serious drug or alcohol addiction at the time of the offence, or you were experiencing a long term condition or circumstance which makes it impracticable to pay the infringement penalty or otherwise deal with the infringement, you may be able to apply to have the infringement reviewed under special circumstances.

Supporting documentation will need to be provided to support your application.  This supporting letter can be from one of the following:

  • in the case of a mental or intellectual condition:
  • general practitioner
  • psychologist or psychiatrist
  • psychiatric nurse.
  • in the case of a serious addiction to drugs or alcohol:
    • general practitioner
    • psychologist or psychiatrist
    • case manager (from a community or social work facility)
    • accredited drug treatment agency
    • drug counsellor.
  • in the case of homelessness:
    • general practitioner
    • psychiatrist
    • case worker or social worker
    • health or community welfare service provider.
  • in the case of family violence:
    • medical practitioner
    • Victoria Police
    • family violence case worker or social worker
    • health or community welfare service provider.
  • in the case of a long term condition or circumstance:
    • medical practitioner
    • psychiatrist
    • psychologist
    • case worker or social worker
    • Victoria Police (for family violence related circumstances)
    • health or community welfare service provider
    • accredited drug treatment agency (for substance abuse related circumstances)
    • drug counsellor (for substance abuse related circumstances)

The documentation provided should include:

  • details of the person providing the information including their name, position and qualifications
  • the relationship the person has with you
  • a submission about your condition or situation
  • an assessment on whether you condition or situation resulted in you having significantly reduced capacity to understand or control the conduct constituting the offence, or makes it impracticable for you to deal with your infringement.
How is the appeal reviewed?

Once your appeal has been received, your infringement will be placed on hold and a review will be undertaken by an independent review panel from the Infringement Management department. 

The review will consider:

  • the information collected by the issuing officer
  • the circumstances outlined in your appeal, and any supporting documentation provided
  • Council policy or guidelines relevant to the offence
  • requirements under the relevant legislation.

What happens next?

When deciding on a review, Council may:

  • request additional information be provided
  • uphold and confirm the decision to issue the infringement notice.  In this case a new due date for payment will be provided
  • withdraw the infringement notice and take no further action
  • withdraw the infringement notice and issue an Official Warning
  • withdraw the infringement notice and refer the matter to the Magistrates Court.

You will be notified of the outcome of the appeal in writing.

If you are the registered owner or nominated driver you can apply for a payment plan. This may be:

  • an instalment plan (weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments)
  • an extension of time to pay 

Apply for a payment plan

You may only use this link if your fine was issued within the last 6 months.  If your fine is older than 6 months, or you need more than 6 months to pay your instalments, please use this form.

Instalment plan

Infringement penalties can be paid by weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments. 

The total penalty amount for all infringements to be included on the plan will need to be paid off:

  • within a 12 month period
  • with payments of not less than $10.00 per week, $10.00 per fortnight or $20.00 per month.

If your payment plan is approved, you will be sent a letter outlining your payment plan details and and due dates. Payment must be made by the due dates provided on the payment plan schedule to prevent your plan from being cancelled.

Financial hardship instalment plan

A payment plan with reduced repayments amounts can be considered if you are unable to meet the above requirements. To be considered, you will need to provide information relating to your income and expenses on the payment plan application form, or by completing the Payment Plan Request due to Financial Hardship form(PDF, 297KB) and sending this to Council by email to or by post.   

If approved, the total penalty amount for all infringements will need to be paid off:

  • within a 24 month period
  • with payments of not less than $10.00 per week, $10.00 per fortnight or $20.00 per month.

Extension of time to pay

An extension of time to pay of up to eight weeks can be granted upon request.  Multiple extensions of time can be offered but will not exceed the equivalent of 16 weeks.

Unable to submit your payment plan request online?

You may apply for a payment plan in writing:

Download the application form(PDF, 474KB), and email to or post to:

Hume City Council Parking Infringements
GPO Box 425
Melbourne Vic 3001

Defaulting on payment plan

A payment plan will be considered to be in default, and cancelled, if payment is not received within 14 days of the due date. If your plan is cancelled, you will need to apply for a new payment plan or make payment of the remaining outstanding amount in full.  Payment plans will only be offered on two occasions.

Applying for a payment arrangement with Fines Victoria

You may apply for a payment arrangement with Fines Victoria to pay a fine or multiple fines. A payment arrangement may include fines from different enforcement agencies, fines at different stages of enforcement, and court fines.

You may request Council refer your fine to Fines Victoria for a payment arrangement in writing, using the online form above or email


You may elect to have the matter heard in the Magistrates Court, or the Children's Court if applicable. Only the registered owner of the vehicle or the nominated driver may request Court. This request must be submitted to Council in writing. 

Council will notify you that your Court request has been received and processed, and that proceedings will commence at the Magistrates Court, Broadmeadows.  Following this, the matter will be referred to the Court and you will receive a Charge Sheet and documentation confirming your Court date.

Additional costs may be incurred if the matter is referred to Court.

Submit a Court request

Work and Development Permit

If you are eligible, an accredited organisation may apply to the Director, Fines Victoria, for a Work and Development Permit on your behalf.

A Work and Development Permit (WDP) is an initiative to provide vulnerable and disadvantaged people with a non-financial option to address their fine debt. A WDP allows an eligible person to work off their fine debt by participating in certain activities and treatment. 

For more information regarding this scheme, and to identify an accredited sponsor, please contact the WDP Operational Team on 1300 323 483, by email or visit their website.

Family Violence Scheme

If you need help with your fines due to being affected by family violence, the Family Violence Scheme may be able to help you.  The scheme allows you to apply to have your fines withdrawn if family violence substantially contributed to the offence or it is not safe for you to name the person responsible for the offence.

To apply, complete the Family Violence Scheme Application on the Fines Victoria website.