Hume City Council is responsible for the management of almost 1,357km of local roads within Hume. We work continually with the Victorian Government and the community to help improve the safety of all road users. We do this through a combination of community consultation and education on traffic management works including roundabouts, traffic signals and line marking.
Council has an extensive reseal, resheet and reconstruction program for local roads, based on a Pavement Management System, which will ensure the long-term viability of road assets in Hume City.
Hume City Council Roads Register(PDF, 1MB)
Report road maintenance issues
If you see issues of road maintenance including pot holes, cracked or sunken roads, damaged kerbs and footpaths or dumped vehicles please use the report an issue online form to let us know.
VicRoads is responsible for the management of all freeways, State highways, tourist roads and forest roads. For information on these roads, contact VicRoads on 131171 or visit the VicRoads website.
Council will continue to advocate to the Victorian and Federal Governments for increased funding for road and traffic improvement projects under programs such as the State-wide Black Spot funding, Better Roads Victoria program and the Road to Recovery program.
What roads are controlled by VicRoads?
Main roads and freeways are controlled by VicRoads including:
- Barry Road (Pascoe Vale Road to Hume Highway)
- Broadmeadows Road Deviation (Mickleham Road to Johnstone Street)
- Camp Road (Johnstone Street to Hume Highway)
- Cooper Street (Merri Creek to Hume Highway)
- Craigieburn Road (Mickleham Road to Merri Creek)
- Dimboola Road (Pascoe Vale Road to Pearcedale Parade)
- Donnybrook Road (Mickleham Road to Merri Creek)
- Gap Road (Horne Street to Calder Highway)
- Horne Street (Riddell Road to Mitchells Lane)
- Johnstone Street (Broadmeadows Road Deviation to Camp Road)
- Mahoneys Road (Hume Highway to Merri Creek)
- Melbourne-Lancefield Road (Sunbury Road to Konagaderra Road)
- Melrose Drive (Western Ring Road to Mickleham Road)
- Mickleham Road (Melrose Drive to Donnybrook Road)
- Oaklands Road (Sunbury Road to Somerton Road)
- Pascoe Vale Road (Western Ring Road to Somerton Road)
- Pearcedale Parade (Camp Road to Dimboola Road)
- Riddell Road (Horne Street to Jackson Creek)
- Sharps Road (Keilor Park Drive to Western Ring Road)
- Somerton Road (Hume Highway to Oaklands Road)
- Sunbury Road (Oaklands Road to Horne Street)
- Vineyard Road (Mitchells Lane to Calder Freeway)
- Potter Street (Craigieburn Road East to Sydney Road Access)
- Sunbury Road (Tullamarine Freeway to Macedon Street)
- Macedon Street (Sunbury Road to Horne Street)
- Keilor Park Drive (Lambeck Drive to Sharps Road)
- Bulla Road (Wildwood Road to Bulla-Diggers Rest Road)
- Mundy Road (Calder Freeway to Dalrymple Road)
To report hazardous or dangerous road conditions to VicRoads (24 hours) call 131 170.