Council operates a bin inspection program to reduce incorrect items (contaminants) being placed in recycling bins.
Placing incorrect items in your recycling bin:
- causes health and safety issues at the sorting facility
- slows down the sorting process
- can cause entire truckloads of recyclables to be sent to landfill (the tip).
A sticker will be placed on your bin if it contains incorrect items.
If you get a contamination sticker:
- Check to see what items should be removed
- Remove these items
- Call us on 9205 2200 to arrange for your recycling to be collected.
Residents who continue to place the wrong items in their recycling bins may have their recycling service cancelled and may receive a fine (infringement notice).