Landfills (Tips) & Recycling
Council operates landfills and recycling centres at Campbellfield and Sunbury.
Bolinda Road Resource Recovery Centre
Melway 7 H8
Tel: 9359 3813
Link to Landfill & Recycling Fees
Riddell Road Waste and Recycling Transfer Station and Landfill
Melway 361 D8
Tel: 9744 2974
Link to Landfill & Recycling Fees
Landfill and Recycling Centres are open daily from 8am - 4pm however closed on ANZAC Day, Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Closed on Total Fire Ban Days (Central District) for Campbellfield and Sunbury.
Opening hours subject to change without notice on windy days. If in doubt please phone the facility directly to confirm the opening hours.
Fees and Charges
Fees and charges for disposing materials at Council's Resource Recovery Centre and Landfill can be found on our Landfill & Recycling Fees page.
What can be Recycled at the Landfill (tip) and Resource Recovery Centres (recycling centres)?
The following materials may be dropped off for free at our Recycling Centres:
- Paint (up to 20 litres free of charge, no commerical quantities)
- Car batteries and other batteries
- Empty gas bottles
- Motor oil (up to 10 litres free of charge, then $2 per litre)
- Light globes
- Scrap metal including white goods
- Household cleaning, garden and automotive chemicals
- Household recyclables: glass and plastic bottles and jars, paper and cardboard, aluminium and steel cans.
- All televisions, such as CRTs, Plasma, LCD and Projection televisions
- Personal computers, laptops, notebooks, palmtops and tablets
- Computer monitors
- Parts for personal computers - for example internal hard drives, motherboards, cards, internal power supplies, CPUs, DVD and CD drives
- Computer peripherals - for example mice, keyboards, joysticks, game pads, scanners & web cameras
- Printers - for example ink-jet, dot matrix, laser printers and multi-functional devices.
The following items can also be dropped off for recycling for a fee:
- Tyres (car tyres: $10 each, truck tyres: $40 each, super tyres: $75 each)
- Mattresses ($30 each)
- Green organic waste
- All other materials may be dropped off at either of the landfill or recycling centres for a fee.
Only household products will be accepted at Council's Landfill and Resource Recovery Centres. Chemicals from farm, commercial or industrial applications will not be accepted. Asbestos waste will not be accepted.
Council hosts FREE recycling collection days to help you dispose of electronic items, mattresses, whitegoods and clothing. These will be held during the spring season - October and November. Dates and locations will be advertised in the months prior to the events.
Privately Owned Landfill
Bulla Tip and Quarry (private landfill)
500 Sunbury Road, Bulla
Tel: 9307 1348
Opening times: 7.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday and 7.00am – 2.00pm Saturday.
Transportation and disposal of asbestos is controlled by the EPA. To find a registered asbestos removalist or disposal facility close to you, visit the Yellow Pages website
Detox Your Home - Free Household Chemical Disposal Service
In addition to Council's Resource Recovery Centres, Sustainability Victoria also hosts free collection days. The Sustainability Victoria program helps you to dispose of old and unwanted chemicals in an environmentally responsible way. Some household chemicals can be dangerous to children and pets, release toxic fumes and add extra fuel to a house fire. Pouring them down the drain or placing them out with your garbage can pollute creeks and rivers, harming plants and animals.Detox Your Home mobile collections are for all Victorian householders, no matter where you live.
Register for this free event online or call 1800 353 233. A full list of upcoming Detox Your Home collections is available on Sustainability Victoria's website.
For complaints regarding Council Landfill/Resource Recovery Centre including odours, dust and litter please contact us on 9205 2200 or fill in our Online Request Form