Seabrook Reserve Upgrade
- Project statusIn construction
- Project value$20 million
Seabrook Reserve in Broadmeadows is set to undergo a major $20 million upgrade, with works commencing in March 2021.
What are we doing
The project includes a range of sporting and recreational opportunities for the community to play, relax, explore and exercise.
The reserve will also include a new training and administration base for NRL Victoria and Touch Football Victoria and will remain the home for local club Northern Thunder. The project upgrade will include:
- State Rugby League and Community Centre (pavilion) with female-friendly amenities
- upgraded sporting facilities including Rugby League pitches and Touch Football fields
- a new playground
- picnic furniture and facilities
- public toilets
- outdoor exercise equipment
- improved path connections ,a new pedestrian bridge and circuit shared path
- new lighting, parking and local road access to improve accessibility
- creek re-vegetation, local habitat enhancement and water sensitive urban design to improve run off and water quality in the creek.
Hume City Council is proud to embark on this project with our partners to provide our community with a state of the art sporting facility. The project will deliver hundreds of jobs during construction, plus ongoing permanent roles.
This project is part of Council’s record $443 million capital works program delivering more than 500 projects over the next four years.
Following community consultation, a Masterplan was adopted in 2019. In December 2020, further communication consultation was undertaken on the proposed playspace and landscaping. This involved a short 3-5 minute survey asking community what they liked about the concept plan and what needed to change. This feedback is currently being used to draw up the final design for the play space, landscaping and recreation facilities which will be finalised in July 2021.
When will it be completed?
Construction will be completed in 2024.
This project is being delivered in partnership between Hume City Council, NRL Victoria, Melbourne Storm and the Victorian Government.
Goulburn Street, Broadmeadows 3047 View Map