Shop local in Hume
Now more than ever local businesses in Hume are relying on our community's support.
Many businesses in Hume City are managed by small families and employ local people. These businesses make up an important part of our community fabric.
During this time we encourage you to support your local retailers and professional service organisations in any way you can.
There are many options to support local businesses:
- Download the How To Support Your Local Business poster
- Give them a call and ask if they are open or if you can order from them online
- Many businesses in the hospitality sector are offering take away or home delivery
- If you have had great service from a Hume business let people know on your social media platforms
- Write a positive review on their Facebook or Instagram pages.
Hume is a culturally diverse region within Melbourne, and has many different product offerings and retailing experiences. Let’s share great reviews and retail experiences with our community and the rest of Victoria.
Council also invites you to send your positive stories to us so we can share it with the community through our @discoverhume Instagram page.
If you are a business that has been affected at this time, please visit our Together in Business hub or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our local shopping areas
- Broadmeadows Central has a great selection of national and local brands, with Olsen Place and Dallas Shopping Centre providing wonderful food options.
- Roxburgh Park Village features great fashion and florist shops, along with several cafes for a coffee fix.
- Craigieburn is packed full of shopping options, with Craigieburn Central offering a great range of national brands, large retailers and good food options, with Stockland Highlands Shopping Centre and Craigieburn Plaza also offering a variety of stores.
- Craigieburn is also home to long-standing shopping strips such as Hothlyn Drive, Kingswood Drive and Pine Way.
- Sunbury features Hume’s largest independent shopping area, with stores featuring all kinds of unique gift ideas and food options.
- Westmeadows Village is another nice place to stop by, with plenty of shopping options available.
Direct To Public Outlets in Hume
Did you know Hume City is home to a range of direct to public outlets? Treat yourself and the family and discover the range of multicultural delights.
Please check in with each business for hours of operation, as these may change. Please continue to follow advice from the Victorian Government and stay up to date with the latest information at Department of Health or Department of Health and Human Services.