2020/21 Council Plan and Budget
We're investing in our city’s growth, essential services and providing relief for residents and businesses through Council’s 2020/21 Plan and Budget.
To respond to the impacts of COVID-19, we’re delivering an $11.5 million stimulus package to support local businesses, sporting clubs, community groups and ratepayers.
We're investing a record $443 million over the next four years to deliver on the biggest capital works program in Council’s history.
And we're continuing to provide essential services including waste and recycling, planning and building, preschool, maternal and child health, immunisation, aged services, business programs, libraries, leisure centres and community facilities.
Use this page to find out how we’re making Hume better for everyone, with the Hume City Council Plan 2017–2021 (2020/21 Actions)(PDF, 11MB) and Budget 2020/21(PDF, 2MB).
COVID-19 Stimulus Package
Council is investing $11.5 million to support local businesses, sporting clubs, community groups and its ratepayers with a stimulus package that responds directly to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The package includes:
- $4 million COVID-19 rate relief package;
- Interest freeze on outstanding rates balances from 1 June until 31 December 2020;
- Funding for local organisations to provide food parcels and essential goods for families in extreme financial hardship; Doubling of the Community Grants Program;
- Grants for small and medium sized businesses; Waiver of Food Act registrations in the 2020/21 year;
- Waiver of all outdoor dining area permit fees and licence fees for 2020/21;
- Grants and fee waivers for local sporting clubs;
- Rent relief for tenants occupying Council facilities;
- Reduced Council facilities hire rates;
- Setting discretionary penalties for parking infringements at the minimum for 2020/21; and
- $2.5 million set aside for further stimulus to be used as required.
COVID-19 has had an enormous impact on the lives of Hume residents and businesses.
To support our residents and businesses, we’re providing more time to pay, flexible payment plan options, freezing interest on late payments and deferring rates for those in extreme financial hardship.
We’re also providing a $4 million COVID-19 rate relief package.
Depending on the valuation of your property, this will see most residential ratepayers pay slightly less rates in 2020/21.
To learn more about Council’s rates relief, click here.
Building a better Hume
There has never been a more important time for Council to invest in the critical projects our community needs and to create jobs for our local people.
That's why we're investing a record $430 million over the next four years to deliver more than 500 new capital works projects.
In 2020/21, $106 million in new funding will enable the delivery of 150 shovel-ready projects to stimulate our economy, creating thousands of construction jobs.
We will construct roads, footpaths, walking and cycling paths and bridges, develop community facilities, stadiums and pavilions and upgrade sporting reserves, parks and playgrounds.
To learn more about Council’s Capital Works program, click here.
A lifetime of services
Very few organisations provide a lifetime of services – but Hume City Council does.
We’re with you through all stages in your life – from the first Maternal and Child Health visit, to services that keep you comfortable and connected in your later years.
And in COVID-19, we’ll continue to support you.
Our 2020/21 Council Plan and Budget strengthens our connection with the community further, with more than $295 million provided to continue a lifetime of services including waste and recycling, planning and building, preschool, maternal and child health, immunisation, aged services, business programs, libraries, leisure centres and community facilities.
Find services close to you here.
Previous Council Plans
- Council Plan 2017-2021 (2019/2020 Actions)(PDF, 6MB) and the Council Plan 2017-2021 (2019/2020 Actions) Final Quarter Report in PDF(PDF, 592KB) and Word(DOCX, 1MB) and the Summary Report in PDF(PDF, 286KB) and Word(DOCX, 456KB)
- Council Plan 2017-2021 (2018/2019 Actions)(PDF, 7MB)
- Council Plan 2017-2021 (2017/2018 Actions)(PDF, 7MB)
- Council Plan 2013-2017 (2016/2017 Actions)(PDF, 5MB)
- Council Plan 2013-2017 (2015/2016 Actions)(PDF, 4MB)
- Council Plan 2013-2017 (2014/2015 Actions)(PDF, 4MB)
- Council Plan 2013-2017 (2013/2014 Actions)(PDF, 570KB)